Metabolics Vitamin D3 & K2 1000 IU
This is a reformulated product and is now suitable for vegetarians.
Vitamin D is actually a hormone. It enables the absorption of Calcium and Phosphorus from the intestines and regulates gene expression in over 2000 genes of our 30,000 genes.
Vitamin D3 is naturally produced in humans in the skin when UVB light hits the skin and converts cholesterol to pre-vitamin D, which is then converted to D3 (cholecalciferol) in the liver.
Vitamin D is important for:
- Maintaining healthy bones and teeth.
- Absorbing calcium and phosphorus, all important in bone health.
- Supporting normal cell division.
- Helping to keep the immune system functioning normally, including the inflammatory response to wounds and infection
- Normal muscle activity.
INGREDIENTS: Cellulose, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (capsule), Menaquinone 7, Cholecalciferol.
DIRECTIONS / DOSAGE: Recommended dose 1 capsule per day with food. The stated recommended dose can be changed as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Do not exceed this recommended dose. Consume within 3 months of opening.
To support these recommendations the Department of Health has issued new guidance for Vitamin D supplements which has been outlined below:
- Children 6months-5 years: 7-8.5mcg
- Pregnant and breast-feeding: 10mcg
- 65 years +: 10mcg
- People not exposed to too much sun: 10mcg
Please note this product is not suitable for vegans.
This product is suitable for vegetarians.