Metabolics Super Zinc
This liquid supplement is a blend of zinc sulfate and zinc chloride. Zinc sulfate and zinc chloride are highly soluble forms that have good bio-availability.
Zinc is found in all tissues of the human body. It’s involved in a considerable number of processes and functions, either directly, or as a helpful presence. Zinc plays an important role in:
- The metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, and vitamin A
- Keeping the immune system working
- Protein manufacture and the maintenance of healthy skin, hair, and nails
- Muscle growth and reproductive health
- DNA synthesis and cell division
- As an antioxidant, protecting cells from oxidation damage
- Maintaining healthy bones
- Supporting cognitive performance
- Normal vision
The body is able to regulate its zinc levels so that within certain limits any excess is discarded; it only needs what it needs. A supplement is only required in cases of deficiency, or in cases of the clinical need for a specific targeted application of zinc.
The daily requirement of zinc is readily available in a balanced diet, including vegetarian diets, if they include wholegrain and pulses (such as beans and lentils). Deficiency should only arise through a lack of sufficient sources in the diet, or through problems with the body’s capacity to absorb and use zinc.
The UK recommended daily intake of zinc is 10 mg. This supplement provides 8.03 mg elemental zinc in each dose of 10 drops. Zinc supplements are thought to be better absorbed if taken between meals.
INGREDIENTS: Purified Water, Zinc Chloride, Zinc Sulphate, Citric acid.