Metabolics Iodine 11
Iodine is an important nutrient with many functions in the human body:
- it contributes to the production of thyroid hormones and normal thyroid function.
- it contributes to normal cognitive function and normal functioning of the nervous system.
- it contributes to the maintenance of normal skin.
- it contributes to normal energy yielding metabolism.
- it contributes to normal growth of children.
Liquid Iodine Supplement
Iodine is a vital non-metallic trace mineral found naturally in the diet that the body cannot make. Iodine is found in sea salt, sea fish and kelp. Good sources are plants grown on iodine rich soil and deficiency occurs as many areas of the world have iodine poor soil, especially mountainous areas such as the Alps where erosion has leached away the iodine. Iodine has many important functions.
1 drop of Iodine 11 supplies 1525 mcg of iodine. This can be taken in water or as a drop rubbed into the skin.
SYMPTOMS OF IODINE DEFICIENCY:
- Under functioning thyroid results in symptoms of tiredness, constipation, hair loss, thick hard skin on the soles of the feet, fatigue, weight gain and always feeling the cold.
- Suboptimal neurological function including apathy and mental sluggishness. Maternal iodine deficiency can result in developmental deficiency of the child with irreversible intellectual impairment, in the extreme known as cretinism. Hypothyroidism results in slower response times and impaired mental function.
- Goitre (swelling of the Thyroid) associated with hypothyroidism.