Recommended for all athletes in case of:
- Disordered intestinal flora
- During and 2 weeks after antibiotics treatment
- Athletes who often suffer from gastrointestinal complaints during exercise or who are sensitive to it
- Reduced immunity (eg susceptible to upper respiratory tract infections)
Instructions for use: 1 capsule /day, for at least 2 weeks
- Curative: in case of diarrhea or disordered intestinal transit
- Preventive: 2 weeks before departure for foreign countries, 2 weeks before important competition, 2 weeks before training load increases.
In addition, Max D-efense is advisable during antibiotic treatment to protect the intestinal flora and to reduce possible gastrointestinal side effects of the antibiotics. For optimal effect, it is recommended to take the probiotics at least 2 hours before or after the antibiotics and not at the same time.
Ingredients: Glazing agent (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose), inulin, anti-caking agent (magnesium silicate, magnesium salts of fatty acids), Saccharomyces boulardii, glazing agent (gellan gum), bulking agent (calcium carbonate), Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Streptococcus thermophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Lactobacillus casei, Lactococcus lactis, Lactobacillus acidophilus, colorant (titanium dioxide), Bifidobacterium longum subspecies infantis, Bifidobacterium longum, cholecalciferol.
- Saccharomyces boulardii (20 billion/g): 6.5 mg
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (200 billion / g): 3.5 mg
- Streptococcus thermophiles (200 billion / g): 3.5 mg
- Bifidobacterium bifidum (200 billion / g): 2.5 mg
- Lactobacillus casei (200 billion / g): 2.5 mg
- Lactococcus lactis (200 billion / g): 2 mg
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (200 billion / g): 2 mg
- Bifidobacterium longum subsp. Infantis (200 billion / g): 1.7 mg
- Bifidobacterium longum (200 billion / g): 1 mg
- Vitamin D: 10 μg (*200%)
- Inulin: 20 mg
- Total or 25billion bacteria / cap
From the literature, it is known that maintaining the gut microbiome balance plays an important role in the prevention of diseases and disorders 1. Consequently, a healthy intestinal flora is extremely important for both athletes and non-athletes. 20-50% of all athletes regularly experience gastrointestinal complaints during exercise. These can be caused by both mechanical (eg up and down movements during running, posture on the bicycle), nutritional (eg high-fat, high-fiber or protein-rich food, excessive eating volume), and physiological (eg reduced blood supply to the intestine, stress hormones) factors. An athlete may have to deal with the so-called ‘leaky gut’ when the permeability of the intestinal mucosa is increased. The intestinal mucosa is damaged by reduced circulation of the intestines during exercise. As a result, unfavorable bacteria, indigestible food particles, viruses, fungi… can end up in the bloodstream and cause inflammatory reactions and possibly reduced immunity.
Max D-efense is a food supplement containing both microorganisms (probiotics), inulin (prebiotic), and vitamin D:
Probiotics help to maintain or restore the balance between human essential and pathogenic bacteria. In addition, they have a positive effect on the digestion process and improve the efficiency of the immunological system. The effects of taking probiotics are strain-specific. Max D-efense contains 9 different strains of micro-organisms per capsule, which benefits the diversity and optimal functioning of this supplement. Studies show that supplementation of probiotics in athletes leads to less frequent occurrences of upper respiratory tract infections and fewer gastrointestinal complaints.
Prebiotics are the food of ‘good bacteria’ in the intestines and therefore stimulate their growth.
Vitamin D deficiency is common among athletes. Vitamin D in Max D-efense contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system.